[Lexicog] Storing stuff in/on a computer

Rudolph Troike rtroike at EMAIL.ARIZONA.EDU
Sat Nov 15 04:07:17 UTC 2008

(from the New York Review of Books online):

Q. My colleagues are divided in their opinions about ?storing data in a
computer? versus ?storing data on a computer.? Which is correct? Thanks.

A.
You can do either, but I would store the data in the computer. It used to be
easy to store stuff on a computer, but now with flat screens and laptops it
tends to slide off.

    mailto:lexicographylist-digest at yahoogroups.com
    mailto:lexicographylist-fullfeatured at yahoogroups.com