[Lexicog] eLex 2013 conference - call for abstracts
madis.jyrviste at EKI.EE
Thu Oct 11 08:38:09 UTC 2012
eLex conference series continues with a conference in Estonia in 2013.
More details are provided below. Please forward this announcement and
call for abstracts to any colleagues or lists that may be interested in
the conference. Those interested in sponsoring the conference, please
contact Jelena Kallas (jelena.kallas at eki.ee
<mailto:jelena.kallas at eki.ee> ) or Iztok Kosem (iztok.kosem at trojina.si
<mailto:iztok.kosem at trojina.si> ), or use the contact form on the
Electronic lexicography in the 21st century: thinking outside the paper
Organizers: Institute of the Estonian Language (Estonia) and Trojina,
Institute for Applied Slovene Studies (Slovenia)
Venue: Tallinn, Estonia
Dates: 17-19 October 2013
Conference website: http://eki.ee/elex2013 <http://eki.ee/elex2013>
Language of the conference: English
The number of participants is limited to 130.
Deadline for abstract submission (300-500 words) is 15 December 2012.
More information on the submission process is available on the
Confirmed keynote speakers:
- Gregory Grefenstette (EXALEAD, France)
- Mike Kellogg (Wordreference.com, USA)
- Annette Klosa (Institüt für Deutsche Sprache, Mannheim)
- Arvi Tavast (Institute of the Estonian Language)
The conference aims to explore innovative developments in the field of
electronic lexicography. Papers on the following topics are particularly
· Dictionary content in new media (tablets, mobile devices,
· Usage practices of the users of electronic dictionaries
· New approaches to dictionary writing (e.g. dictionaries
created by users themselves, automatic extraction of dictionary
information from the corpus)
· Dictionary writing systems and other software available to
· Integration of NLP tools (grammatical annotation, speech
· Automated customisation of dictionaries to users' needs and
characteristics (proficiency level, mother tongue, etc.)
· New reference tools with a dictionary element (e.g.
learning tools, writing assistants)
· Exploitation of language resources: monolingual and
multilingual corpora, learner corpora, lexical databases (e.g. Wordnet,
· Integration of electronic dictionaries into language
learning and teaching (CALL, translator training, etc.)
Looking forward to seeing you in Tallinn.
Madis Jürviste (in the name of the eLex 2013 organizing committee)
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the Lexicography