Island effects

Judith Berman Judith.Berman at ruhr-uni-bochum.de
Tue Nov 16 20:29:13 UTC 2004

Hi,

In my book (Berman, J. (2003): Clausal Syntax of German. Stanford, CA:
CSLI.106-121) I discuss two LFG accounts of some island effects in German
(though not of wh-in-situ). One uses inside-out functional uncertainty and
formulates the restrictions on extraction in terms of off-path constraints,
the other analyzes long distance dependencies as cyclic, locally bounded
dependencies. Perhaps you will find this helpful.

Judith