WARNING: YOU MAY HAVE A VIRUS

Richard J Senghas Richard.Senghas at sonoma.edu
Mon Mar 26 19:20:53 UTC 2001

At the request of a Linganth subscriber I am clarifying the current virus
alert:

As far as we can tell AT THIS POINT, the virus that recently propogated
through the Linganth list is limited to the attachment file that came with
a message bearing the subject "Snowhite and the Seven Dwarfs - The REAL
story!"

So, apparently merely reading the message without opening the file should
NOT have triggered the virus. If you haven't yet opened the attachement:
DON'T OPEN the attachment, but DO DELETE the message with its attachment.
After deleting the message, run whatever virus software is available to you.

If your virus checking software is a package that allows you to update via
the web to get recent virus definitions, I recommend you do that first,
then run your virus checker.

-Richard
Linganth Administrator