"That's so gay" controversy

Laura M. Ahearn ahearn at rci.rutgers.edu
Sun Mar 11 01:13:17 UTC 2007

Greta,

Check out this great article by Deborah Cameron:

Cameron, Deborah. 1998. “Performing gender identity: young men’s talk
and the construction of heterosexual masculinity.” In Coates, J. (ed.),
Language and Gender: A Reader, pp.270-284.

Laura

Laura M. Ahearn
Associate Professor
Department of Anthropology