Alaskan?

Philipp Sebastian Angermeyer pangerme at YORKU.CA
Mon Sep 8 14:42:08 UTC 2008

Sorry if I'm stating what must be obvious to some, but the best place to look
for information on dialect differences in North American English is the "Atlas
of North American English" by William Labov, Sharon Ash and Charles Boberg
(Mouton/de Gruyter, 2006).
It seems that Anchorage was part of the sample, along with various places in
Washington and Idaho (and Western Canada).

More information can be found here:
http://www.ling.upenn.edu/phonoatlas/
http://www.mouton-online.com/anae.php

If your library has it, you may have access to data online, including to speech
samples from the individuals who were recorded in the various places.

Best,
Philipp

--
Philipp Sebastian Angermeyer