[Linganth] Software that Transcribes

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Fri May 8 22:43:44 UTC 2015

It seems that the NSA has such software!

https://firstlook.org/theintercept/2015/05/05/nsa-speech-recognition-snowden-searchable-text/

"Top-secret documents from the archive of former NSA contractor Edward
Snowden show the National Security Agency can now automatically
recognize the content within phone calls by creating rough transcripts
and phonetic representations that can be easily searched and stored.

The documents show NSA analysts celebrating the development of what
they called “Google for Voice” nearly a decade ago."

A version of this is available commercially, but I get the sense that
it is priced for larger multinational corporations...

http://www.raytheon.com/capabilities/products/bms/

Kerim