[Linganth] Seeking teaching resources regarding hate speech

Katherine Martineau kbmartineau at gmail.com
Mon Nov 14 19:38:46 UTC 2016

Hi all,

I'm teaching a 300-level class on Language & Politics this term that has
spent the last few weeks examining the election. I have been adjusting the
syllabus on the fly to address the issues being raised by events as they
occur. There have been some bumps but it has mostly worked out.

Now my students clearly need some resources for thinking about hate speech.
There is a too much for me to review quickly, so I'm seeking assistance.
Favorite pieces? Anything you've taught successfully? I'm already well
familiar with Jane Hill's work. Does not have to be US-centric.

A shout out to Kira Hall, Donna Goldstein, and Matthew Bruce Ingram for
"The Hands of Donald Trump" in Hau -- my students loved it!

Thanks in advance,

Kate

--

> Katherine Martineau
Assistant Professor
Department of Asian and Asian American Studies
Binghamton University
kbmartin at binghamton.edu / kbmartineau at gmail.com