[Linganth] Language, Mobility and Belonging - CALL FOR PAPERS

LMB Conference lmb.conference2017 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 10 12:22:12 UTC 2016

*LANGUAGE, MOBILITY AND BELONGING*
LINGUISTIC ANTHROPOLOGY CONFERENCE
UNIVERSITY OF OXFORD
23-25 March 2017
Please find attached a call for papers for the Language, Mobility and
Belonging conference to be held at the University of Oxford in March
2017. Following
the 2016 Language, Indexicality and Belonging Conference, the 2017
conference seeks to continue to bring together leading scholars and
graduate students in linguistic anthropology and related fields in order to
discuss the role of language in the conceptualisation and regulation of
belonging in contexts of migration and global movement. We invite
20-minute-long papers contributing to the debates surrounding language
policy and legal language, immigrant integration and ‘naturalization’
policies relating to language, and the relationships between forms of
citizenship, socioeconomic mobility and belonging, language ideology and
linguistic practice.We welcome abstract submissions from researchers in the
field of linguistic anthropology, sociolinguistics and related fields.

Deadline for abstract submission: December 9, 2016.

*More information at:*http://lmbconference2017.wixsite.com/lmb2017