[Linganth] Job posting: Visiting Assistant Professor: Race and Ethnicity

Nona D. Moskowitz nmoskowitz at wittenberg.edu
Tue Nov 27 19:12:11 UTC 2018

Dear All,

We have a Visiting Assistant Professor position open for the following academic year with possibility for renewal up to three years.  Please see below and feel free to circulate.  I am happy to answer any additional questions you may have.  Please contact me at nmoskowitz at wittenberg.edu.

Sincerely,

Nona Moskowitz

Visiting Assistant Professor: Race and Ethnicity

About Wittenberg University:
Founded in 1845, Wittenberg is a nationally ranked, private, liberal arts college related to the Evangelical Lutheran Church in America and has an enrollment of about 1,800 students. Wittenberg enjoys a national reputation for excellent academic standards and is widely known for its friendly and welcoming atmosphere. Wittenberg has an exceptional staff and award-winning faculty who share a commitment to undergraduate teaching, research, and development of students into successful global citizens. Situated on 100 acres of rolling hills in Springfield Ohio, Wittenberg is easily accessible from Columbus, Dayton and Cincinnati.  For more information about the institution, please visit our web page at www.wittenberg.edu.<http://www.wittenberg.edu/>

Job Description:
The Sociology Department at Wittenberg University seeks applicants for a full-time visiting position for the 2019-2020 academic year, with the possibility of renewal, up to a total of three years with a specialization in Race and Ethnicity. The ability to teach Introduction to Sociology and/or Introduction to Cultural Anthropology is required. Applied sociologists and applied or engaged anthropologists are encouraged to apply.

Requirements:
A Ph.D. in Sociology or Anthropology is required.

Additional Information:
Review of applications will begin immediately and continue until the position is filled.
Wittenberg is committed to attracting and retaining highly qualified individuals who collectively reflect the diversity of our student body and society at-large.  Please see our notice of non-discrimination<http://www.wittenberg.edu/nondiscrimination-notice> housed on our website.

Application Instructions:
To apply, please set-up an account and apply through our online system. Then, upload the following documents in MS Word or Adobe Acrobat format.
*  Cover letter
*  Curriculum vitae
*  One-page statement on teaching philosophy
*  Copies of undergraduate and graduate transcripts
*  Evidence of effective teaching
*  Names of three references (with phone numbers and email addresses)
If you are a person with a disability and require assistance with the application process, please contact Wittenberg's Human Resources Department at 937.327.7517.

Apply online at: https://wittenberg.interviewexchange.com/jobofferdetails.jsp?JOBID=104728

Please contact Nona Moskowitz (nmoskowitz at wittenberg.edu<mailto:nmoskowitz at wittenberg.edu>) if you have further questions.