[Linganth] films on indigenous languages?

Kerim Friedman oxusnet at gmail.com
Mon Feb 18 08:53:28 UTC 2019

Also worth mentioning is this excellent student project from Haverford
College with both English and Spanish subtitles

Dizhsa Nabani
https://doculabs.haverford.edu/dizhsanabani/

Not in Spanish, as far as I know, but also about indigenous languages, is

Tongues of Heaven
http://anitachangworks.com/~anitacha/tongues-of-heaven/

Cheers,

Kerim

On Fri, Feb 15, 2019 at 1:11 AM Erin Shaw-Meadow <erin.shawmeadow at gmail.com>
wrote:

> Two more to add to an already comprehensive list:
>
> *Ixcanul *- a heartbreaking but beautiful film of a Kaqchikel speaking
> Mayan family in Guatemala; not expressly focused on language revitalization
> but themes of language and daily life throughout
>
> https://www.kinolorber.com/film/view/id/2266
>
> *Hicholes: The last peyote guardians*
>
> https://huicholesfilm.com/en/
>
> Cheers,
>
> Erin

> Erin Shaw-Meadow
>
> MSc Applied Linguistics
>
> The University of Edinburgh
>

> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 4:26 PM S.L. Snyder <sls2149 at columbia.edu> wrote:
>
>> I would also recommend First Language: The Race to Save Cherokee.
>>
>> https://languageandlife.org/documentaries/first-language/
>>

>> Sara Snyder Hopkins, PhD.
>>
>> Cherokee Language Program Director & Assistant Professor
>>
>> Department of Anthropology and Sociology
>>
>> Western Carolina University
>>
>> 1 University Way
>>
>> Cullowhee, NC 28723
>>

>> Office: (828)227-2303
>>
>> Email: slsnyder at wcu.edu
>>

>> On Thu, Feb 14, 2019 at 10:31 AM Paul Sutherland <p.suth at outlook.com>
>> wrote:
>>
>>> Thanks Lise - that's the one I was thinking of! I think when I heard
>>> about it, it was only playing in LA.
>>>
>>> ---
>>> Paul Sutherland
>>> Archivist at www.amphilsoc.org/library/CNAIR
>>> Musician at www.hearlambeth.com

*P. Kerim Friedman 傅可恩 <http://kerim.oxus.net/>*

Associate Professor
The Department of Ethnic Relations and Cultures
College of Indigenous Studies
National DongHwa University, TAIWAN
副教授國立東華大學族群關係與文化學系