[Linganth] Question RE non-Euro-American Semiotic Theories

Becky Schulthies bschulthies at gmail.com
Mon Jun 28 14:53:08 UTC 2021

Dear Colleagues,

I'm trying to revamp my linguistic anthropology courses by exploring
non-Euro-American semiotic theories I can introduce to students. I realized
recently, thanks to an undergraduate student, that I over-rely on Peircian
semiotics, even as I introduce them to semiotic ideologies that emerge in
the situated ethnographies we read.

I would like to expand my instruction of non-Euro-American frameworks and
appreciate any suggestions you all could offer.

Warmly,
Becky Schulthies