pronouns

Bjoern Wiemer Bjoern.Wiemer at UNI-KONSTANZ.DE
Wed Sep 22 07:11:04 UTC 1999

I only know have realized that somebody must have recently sent a rquest to
the list concerning personal (3rd person) pronouns and deictics. From the
of 3rd person pronouns with deictic particles (of the "here", "there",
"look/see"-type).
        The examples given by Paolo Ramat for Italian dialects are similar
to those which have been described by Tilman Berger for Czech (in his, alas,
unpublished Habilitationsschrift). If somebody wants to have a glance at the
complicated system of (colloquial) Czech, I would advise:

        Berger, T. (1994): Wie viele Demonstrativpronomina braucht eine
Sprache?
        (Ueberlegungen zu einigen Merkwuerdigkeiten des Tschechischen) - in:
        Wiener Slavistischer Almanach 33 (21-36).

Berger has written more on this subject and is probably the most competent
person on Czech for this matters. He may be contacted via
        tilman.berger at uni-tuebingen.de

Furthermore, Nicole Nau is writing a Habilitation on the pronoun system in
Latvian, which takes up the issues that have been discussed on the list:
        nnau at email.uni-kiel.de

Very similar to the Czech (and, as it seems, the Italian dialectal) data are
Lithuanian ones. Unfortunately, no functionally or typologically oriented
description has yet been written on it, and the interesting literature is
mostly written in Lithuanian. If anybody will be interested, I am ready to
try to answer more specific questions on this topic.

With best regards,
        Bjoern Wiemer.

#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#+#

Dr. Bjoern Wiemer
Universitaet Konstanz
Philosophische Fakultaet / FG Sprachwissenschaft - Slavistik
Postfach 55 60 - D 179
D- 78457 Konstanz

e-mail: Bjoern.Wiemer at uni-konstanz.de
tel.: 07531 / 88- 2582