[Lingtyp] European Commission on authorship transfer agreements

Plank frans.plank at uni-konstanz.de
Tue Dec 22 16:51:11 UTC 2015

Dear Martin,

I've published a few papers in LT over the last 19 years, and I've always cited papers by others in LT that had a good claim to be quoted.  (I don't cite or not-cite strategically.)  I honestly wonder how many bucks I've thus made De Gruyter.  What numbers do you have in mind, Martin?  They must be in the six-figure dimension, close to what they earn through Pschyrembel Klinisches Woerterbuch, since you seem seriously worried.  So worried that you appear to recommend not to publish in LT or cite LT publications in future.  Which isn't really very nice of you -- given the effort on all sides that has gone into producing a decent and modestly-priced typological journal.

Season's Greetings
Frans

Frans Plank
Sprachwissenschaft