[Lingtyp] [ɸ] - [h]

Christian Lehmann christian.lehmann at uni-erfurt.de
Wed May 24 15:31:47 UTC 2023

No, not at all. This is just the difference between the Cabecar and the
Japanese situation. And the question remains whether what we are faced
with is not the assimilation [?] of an [h] to a following [u] or [ɯ],
but instead failure of [ɸ] to undergo a general buccal deconstriction in
one context, viz. if followed by a back high vowel.

E-Post: 	christianw_lehmann at arcor.de
Web: 	https://www.christianlehmann.eu