6.193 Qs: Arabic, Cuba, Socioling, Controlled lg for technical writing

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Sat Feb 11 20:17:44 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-193. Sat 11 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 119

Subject: 6.193 Qs: Arabic, Cuba, Socioling, Controlled lg for technical writing

                           REMINDER

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 1995 21:24:08 -0500 (EST)
From: ALHAWARM at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu
Subject: Arabic SLA

2)
Date:          Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:32:59 GMT0BST
From: "Paul Foulkes" (Paul.Foulkes at newcastle.ac.uk)
Subject:       Cuba

3)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 10:17:58 NFT
From: ses at lingua1.phil.uni-jena.de
Subject: conferences in Germany

4)
Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 12:31:52 +0100
From: sl16wwur at rz.uni-sb.de (Uwe Reinke)
Subject: Infos on controlled language for technical writing

Date: Tue, 07 Feb 1995 21:24:08 -0500 (EST)
From: ALHAWARM at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu

I'm designing a syllabus for Arabic for the beginner's level,
implementing learnablility/ teachability hypothesis.  I'm looking for
data from second language acquisition of Arabic to gain more support
as well as insight for my work.  Is there anybody out there who is
familiar with any work/s done in this area? I'd appreciate any
bibliography (short or long) on the subject. My address
is    alhawarm at guvax.acc.georgetown.edu