6.197 Qs: ESL curriculum, Palindromes, Summer opportunities

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Feb 13 06:40:44 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-197. Mon 13 Feb 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 115

Subject: 6.197 Qs: ESL curriculum, Palindromes, Summer opportunities

                           REMINDER

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 10:09:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: GFRIDLAND at UTMEM1.UTMEM.EDU
Subject: ESL curriculum

2)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 95 18:04:46 +0100
From: Manfred.Immler at mch.sni.de (Dr. Manfred Immler)
Subject: Palindromes

3)
Date: Thu, 9 Feb 1995 14:04:02 -0500 (EST)
From: pee wee in atlanta (rlavin at emory.edu)
Subject: summer opportunities

Date: Thu, 09 Feb 1995 10:09:25 -0500 (CDT)
From: GFRIDLAND at UTMEM1.UTMEM.EDU

After 20 years as a research scientist, I am starting a new career in ESL. I am
interested in developing (or adapting) a specialized course for foreign medical
trainees in American medical schools and hospitals. I'm also interested in ESP
courses for students in the sciences.
I presently teach "English for International Graduate Teaching Assistants"
which is a very practical course to enhance the teaching assistants'
effectiveness in the classrom/lab.
I would appreciate anyone sharing course description, syllabus, texts used,
comments...
Thanks, GFRIDLAND at UTMEM1.UTMEM.EDU