6.84 Linguistics, species, and poetry

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Jan 20 17:16:40 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-84. Fri 20 Jan 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 88

Subject: 6.84 Linguistics, species, and poetry

               Liz Bodenmiller <eboden at emunix.emich.edu>

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 04:19:38 +0100
From: lxalvarz at udc.es (Celso Alvarez Caccamo)
Subject: Linguistics, species, and poetry

2)
Date: Wed, 18 Jan 1995 17:39:06 -0800
From: edwards at cogsci.Berkeley.EDU (Jane A. Edwards)
Subject: Re:  species-specific (REVISED!)

Date: Wed, 18 Jan 95 04:19:38 +0100
From: lxalvarz at udc.es (Celso Alvarez Caccamo)

Moonhawk's extremely long message about linguists' species-ism
is very nice, soothingly poetic for a list like ours.
I wonder how a slug would express all that.
Nevertheless, it's amazing how the few, little tiny features
which set human language apart from other languages
can produce such rich meanings as Moonhawk's.
We should be humble: this minute fragment of Total Language
is a good place to start.

Celso Alvarez-Caccamo
lxalvarz at udc.es