6.874, Qs: Chomsky, English -t/-ed, Game theory, Body part terms

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Jun 26 05:43:25 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-874. Mon 26 Jun 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines: 155

Subject: 6.874, Qs: Chomsky, English -t/-ed, Game theory, Body part terms

                           REMINDER

Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 15:23:50 -0400
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)
Subject: Q:Chomsky on Theory; Antirhyme

2)
Date: Mon, 19 Jun 1995 01:22:34 -0400
From: JPKIRCHNER at aol.com
Subject: Q:  English -t, -ed

3)
Date: Thu, 22 Jun 1995 19:18:20 +0000
From: IUTS0 at cc.uab.es
Subject: Game Theory & Linguistics

4)
Date:          Thu, 22 Jun 1995 15:33:30 +0100
From: (FULLANA at skywalker.udg.es)
Subject:  Body part terms becoming adpositions

Date: Sun, 18 Jun 1995 15:23:50 -0400
From: Alexis Manaster Ramer (amr at CS.Wayne.EDU)

Does anybody know where it was that Chomsky said that in
unclear cases we should allow the theory to choose the right
analysis?

Does anybody know of any work on what I call antirhyme, i.e.,
cases where rhyme is not allowed (or at least not intended)
by the poet and their relevance to phonology?

Alexis Manaster Ramer