6.1623, Qs: Language Library, Antidative, Neural Nets

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Nov 17 14:02:54 UTC 1995

LINGUIST List:  Vol-6-1623. Fri Nov 17 1995. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  107

Subject: 6.1623, Qs: Language Library, Antidative, Neural Nets

Editor for this issue: avaldez at emunix.emich.edu (Annemarie Valdez)
                           REMINDER

Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 1995 11:47:29 +0100
From:  cooper at spw.unizh.ch
Subject:  Language Library Query

2)
Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 1995 10:49:47 CST
From:  edith at csd.uwm.edu (Edith A Moravcsik)
Subject:  Antidative

3)
Date:  Fri, 17 Nov 1995 13:38:08 GMT
From:  sean at scs.leeds.ac.uk
Subject:  Neural Nets and Corpora

Date:  Thu, 16 Nov 1995 11:47:29 +0100
From:  cooper at spw.unizh.ch

Dear all,

in our dept. of general linguistics it was customary until recently to
include articles dealing with particular languages and published in
books and journals in our language catalogue, thus allowing quick
access to everything written on a language that is available in this
library.  Especially for more exotic languages this was very helpful -
you could look up Belhare, for instance, and find cards pointing you
to articles in journals and books. This procedure was given up because
it is so laborious, and we are now looking for an alternative. Does
anyone know of anything useful, any software perhaps? We have the
annual MLA international bibliographies, but I guess we're after
something a bit more practical, whatever that could be. I would be
interested in other people's experience, advice etc. Please email me
directly, at cooper at spw.unizh.ch

Thanks in advance!
Kathrin Cooper
General Linguistics, University of Zurich