7.542, Jobs: Teaching Eng in Kyushu, Comp ling, Sabbatical replacement

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Fri Apr 12 16:55:09 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-542. Fri Apr 12 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  170

Subject: 7.542, Jobs: Teaching Eng in Kyushu, Comp ling, Sabbatical replacement

Date:  Tue, 09 Apr 1996 16:16:57 +0900
From:  inouen at rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp (Narahiko INOUE)
Subject:  Teaching English job in Kyushu

2)
Date:  Thu, 11 Apr 1996 11:27:34 +0200
From:  volk at ifi.unizh.ch (Martin Volk)
Subject:  Position as Research Assistant in Computational Linguistics

3)
Date:  Wed, 10 Apr 1996 16:51:18 -1000
From:  rjacobs at hawaii.edu (Roderick A. Jacobs)
Subject:  Sabbatical Replacement, Spring 97

Date:  Tue, 09 Apr 1996 16:16:57 +0900
From:  inouen at rc.kyushu-u.ac.jp (Narahiko INOUE)

JOB OPENING

3-year full-time position for teaching English

Kyshu University, Institute of Languages and Cultures has a full-time
Associate/Assistant Professor ("jokyoju" or "koshi") position
available starting from October 1, 1996.  The minimum qualification
is:

(1) BA and 4 or more years of research and teaching (MA or PhD
preferred)
(2) age under 50
(3) specialization in fields related to teaching English, e.g.,
applied linguistics, communication, speech, linguistics, literature

The job will include teaching English in undergraduate foreign
language courses and cooperating with other faculty members in
research and developing curriculum.

The salary is based on the national university pay scale with possible
housing and commuting allowances.  Research and traveling funds are
available.  Although the position is ordinarily a tenure-track
position, it will probably not be renewed after the 3-year contract
because of the budget cut.

The deadline for application is mid May.

This is not a officially publicly advertised position.  If you are
interested in the position contact me at the following address with a
brief resume.  I will recommend strong candidates to the search
committee.  At the time of my recommendation, I need their complete
resume and health examination record.

With my own professional preference, I am looking for a PhD with
college teaching experiences in speech/debate, communication, applied
linguistics (in a broad sense).  A qualified person may be asked to
teach such courses in BA and MA programs.  The salary will probably be
5 - 8 million yen depending on the age and qualification.  The
teaching load will be around 6 classes (90 min.  each) per week.

I will post this message in the LINGUIST and ELTASIA-L.  If you have
access to other lists and other information board, please post it.
Thank you.

Narahiko INOUE, Ph.D.
Institute of Languages & Cultures
Graduate School of Social and Cultural Studies
Kyushu University, Ropponmatsu, Fukuoka 810, JAPAN
Phone:(+81)92-726-4667(direct) FAX:(+81)92-731-8745