7.1141, Qs: Circumfixes, Case attraction, Pleasure reading list

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 13 16:55:27 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1141. Tue Aug 13 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  147

Subject: 7.1141, Qs: Circumfixes, Case attraction, Pleasure reading list

Date:  Tue, 13 Aug 1996 19:30:57 -0000
From:  delacy at host02.net.voyager.co.nz ("Paul de Lacy")
Subject:  Q: Circumfixes

2)
Date:  Tue, 13 Aug 1996 12:23:26 +0200
From:  schlesel at rz.uni-potsdam.de (Matthias Schlesewsky)
Subject:  case attraction

3)
Date:  Tue, 06 Aug 1996 11:56:00 PDT
From:  jrubba at harp.aix.calpoly.edu (Johanna Rubba)
Subject:  Pleasure reading list

Date:  Tue, 13 Aug 1996 19:30:57 -0000
From:  delacy at host02.net.voyager.co.nz ("Paul de Lacy")

Greetings,

I am interested in collecting information on CIRCUMFIXES.  If you
know of any good general descriptive studies of them, or more
language-specific treatments, I would appreciate the refs.  Also, if
your native language (or a language that you know) has them, could you
also let me know?

BTW, I am aware of the differing approaches to circumfixes, i.e. esp.
the claim that there are none.  More specifically, I am
looking for a morpheme that is phonologically realised in more than
one place in a word.  i.e. Tagalog ka+_+an.  Sorry not to be more
more specific, but I'm sure you all know what I mean.

Kind Regards,

Paul de Lacy.
University of Auckland.

PS I'll post a summary on the list when I've received all relevant
info!
Phone: [New Zealand] 64-9-6271101
E-mail: University: <pvl at antnov1.auckland.ac.nz>
NB MY HOME ADDRESS IS UNRELIABLE.  TO MAKE SURE YOUR
MESSAGE GETS THRU, SEND IT TO THE UNI ADDRESS!!!!!OR BOTH!
           Home: <delacy at voyager.co.nz>