7.1142, FYI: Oekobase electronic database in Germany, LaTeX Macros

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Tue Aug 13 17:01:10 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1142. Tue Aug 13 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  117

Subject: 7.1142, FYI: Oekobase electronic database in Germany, LaTeX Macros

Date:  Thu, 08 Aug 1996 20:01:00 MDT
From:  lenz at mx300e.ids-mannheim.de
Subject:  Oekobase electronic database in Germany

2)
Date:  Mon, 12 Aug 1996 16:32:57 EDT
From:  mcovingt at aisun1.ai.uga.edu (Michael Covington)
Subject:  LaTeX Macros for Linguists

Date:  Thu, 08 Aug 1996 20:01:00 MDT
From:  lenz at mx300e.ids-mannheim.de

	  Dear all,

	  A few days ago I send out the following question:

	  In Germany we do have a database called "Oekobase" which,
	  among various other information concerning environmental
	  matters, provides a good terminological documentation of the
	  most frequently used eco- and enviro- words in German. I
	  would be interested to learn if any such electronic
	  documentation for English has been compiled so far. This
	  could include corpora, commercial and public databases as
	  well as any collection compiled by institutions,
	  organisation or private persons for internal use (i.e.

	  Do you know of any such resources or do you have any of them
	  which you could provide for research purposes?

	  Thank you for all the hints I have been sent so far. Of
	  course, further hints will be very welcome.

	  Since some people asked me where the Oekobase is available I
	  give the postal address (I assure you that I do not intend
	  to "advertise" anything and the information included in the
	  CD-ROM stresses that it is a non-profit service offered by
	  the Umweltbundesamt; as a matter of fact I could not
	  find any link in the Web on this information so far.

	  Clemens Hoelter GmbH
	  Am Kuckesberg 46
	  42781 Haan
	  Tel: 02129/959773

	  They charge a fee of DM 30 (the latest leaflet says DM 40),
	  incl. packaging and postage.

	  Thank you again for your support, I promise I let the list
	  know of anything valuable on this topic.

	  Susanne

	  Susanne Lenz				    Tel:+621/1581-415
	  Student Researcheress                     Fax:+621/1581-415
	  Institut fuer deutsche Sprache
	  R 5, 6-13
	  D-68161 Mannheim	    email:lenz mx300e.ids-mannheim.de
	  IDS on the Web:
	  http://www.ids-mannheim.de/