7.1577, Qs: Creols, Evaluative verbs, _impossible that..._

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Thu Nov 7 07:39:35 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1577. Thu Nov 7 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  165

Subject: 7.1577, Qs: Creols, Evaluative verbs, _impossible that..._

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Editor for this issue: lveselin at emunix.emich.edu (Ljuba Veselinova)

Date:  Wed, 06 Nov 1996 09:36:37 EST
From:  rowe at email.unc.edu (Charlie Rowe)
Subject:  Q: additional creolistics query

2)
Date:  Wed, 06 Nov 1996 17:54:50 MST
From:  turleyj at jkhbhrc.byu.edu (Jeff Turley)
Subject:  Evaluative verbs

3)
Date:  Thu, 07 Nov 1996 12:30:50 +0200
From:  hiro-t at ias.tokushima-u.ac.jp (hiro-t)
Subject:  Query: _impossible that..._

Date:  Wed, 06 Nov 1996 09:36:37 EST
From:  rowe at email.unc.edu (Charlie Rowe)

Thanks to those who responded to my query on 'creoloid' and the 'bent,
but not broken' status. I will make one additional query on this
topic, after which I will post a summary.  My next question is the
following:

with whom does the term 'fusion language' originate, and does it apply
strictly to Yiddish?

Charlie Rowe