7.1481, Jobs: Ling at Soochow U, Reed job URL, Software engineer

The Linguist List linguist at tam2000.tamu.edu
Mon Oct 21 17:09:18 UTC 1996

LINGUIST List:  Vol-7-1481. Mon Oct 21 1996. ISSN: 1068-4875. Lines:  138

Subject: 7.1481, Jobs: Ling at Soochow U, Reed job URL, Software engineer

Associate Editors: Ljuba Veselinova <lveselin at emunix.emich.edu>
                   Ann Dizdar <dizdar at tam2000.tamu.edu>
Assistant Editor:  Sue Robinson <robinson at emunix.emich.edu>
Technical Editor:  Ron Reck <rreck at emunix.emich.edu>

Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:22:59 +0800
From:  wei at mbm1.scu.edu.tw (Jennifer meei yau Wei)
Subject:  linguist job, Soochow University

2)
Date:  Sun, 20 Oct 1996 12:19:00 PDT
From:  johnh at reed.edu ("John B. Haviland")
Subject:  Reed replacement job ad

3)
Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 16:27:30 BST
From:  ian.johnson at sharp.co.uk (Ian Johnson)
Subject:  Software Engineer at Sharp - Language Technology

Date:  Mon, 21 Oct 1996 07:22:59 +0800
From:  wei at mbm1.scu.edu.tw (Jennifer meei yau Wei)

Soochow University, English Department invites applications for tenure
track assistant professor and/or associate professor in linguistics to
begin in August, 1997.  Applicants must have sound training in
linguistic theory as well as experience and a willingness to conduct
research.  Willingness to complement the existing strengths of the
English program is expected.  Preference will be given to those whose
curriculum and research interests complement those of the faculty.
Submit statement of teaching and research interests, resume, and three
reference letters to

                Grace Ma, Chairman
                English Department
                Soochow University
                Taipei, Taiwan 11102
                Tel.:(02)881-9471-6482
                Fax: (02)881-7609

by the end of December, 1996.  Qualified applicants will be
interviewed in late February, 1997.

Jennifer M. Wei