14.59, Qs: Ebonics/Writing Instruction, Afro-Asiatic Query

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Thu Jan 9 05:45:35 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-59. Thu Jan 9 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.59, Qs: Ebonics/Writing Instruction, Afro-Asiatic Query

Date:  Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:47:00 -0600
From:  "Sharon M. Chubbuck" <s.chubbuck at att.net>
Subject:  Ebonics and writing instruction

2)
Date:  Tue, 31 Dec 2002 14:39:40 -0500
From:  pauline <annf at videotron.ca>
Subject:  Afro-Asiatic Question

Date:  Tue, 7 Jan 2003 10:47:00 -0600
From:  "Sharon M. Chubbuck" <s.chubbuck at att.net>

My question for the listserve is this: Can anyone direct me to
research/publications about the role of Ebonics (syntax, vocabulary,
pragmatics, discourse organization, etc. etc.) in writing instruction?

Thank you again!

Sharon Chubbuck
Assistant Professor
Department of Educational Policy and Leadership
Marquette University
414-288-5895