14.2358, Jobs: Descriptive Ling: Asst Prof, U/of Maryland

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 8 05:24:20 UTC 2003

LINGUIST List:  Vol-14-2358. Mon Sep 8 2003. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 14.2358, Jobs: Descriptive Ling: Asst Prof, U/of Maryland

Editor for this issue: Sarah Murray <sarah at linguistlist.org>

standards of various countries.

Date:  Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:40:28 +0000
From:  marge at umbc.edu
Subject:  Descriptive Linguistics: Asst Prof, U/of Maryland Baltimore County

Date:  Sun, 07 Sep 2003 13:40:28 +0000
From:  marge at umbc.edu

University or Organization: University of Maryland Baltimore County
Department: CSEE
Rank of Job: Assistant Professor
Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics, Language Description

The Institute for Language and Information Technologies (ILIT) at the
University of Maryland Baltimore County has an immediate opening for a
postdoctoral fellow to join a team developing syntactic and semantic
resources for knowledge-based natural language processing
applications. Any linguistics background is acceptable. The person
must be interested in descriptive work. This is a one-year position
with a possibility of extension to three years. U.S. citizenship
required. The search will remain open until the position is
filled. Send resumes and inquiries to Dr. Marjorie McShane,
marge at umbc.edu.

Address for Applications:

	Attn: Dr. Marjorie McShane
	CSEE Department