15.1702, FYI: Ling Survey on English, Korean, & Japanese

LINGUIST List linguist at linguistlist.org
Wed Jun 2 19:34:22 UTC 2004

LINGUIST List:  Vol-15-1702. Wed Jun 2 2004. ISSN: 1068-4875.

Subject: 15.1702, FYI: Ling Survey on English, Korean, & Japanese

	Sheila Collberg, U. of Arizona

Editor for this issue: Anne Clarke <anne at linguistlist.org>

Date:  Sun, 30 May 2004 12:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Hee-Soo Kim <khsclara at umich.edu>
Subject:  Linguisics Survey on English, Korean & Japanese

Date:  Sun, 30 May 2004 12:01:01 -0400 (EDT)
From:  Hee-Soo Kim <khsclara at umich.edu>

Dear colleagues:

Hello!

I am a PhD student in linguistics at University of Michigan, Ann
Arbor.

I am looking for volunteers for a linguistics survey, that is to
collect linguistic intuition about the interpretations of certain
structure patterns, and the results of which will be analyzed for my
PhD dissertation. The information gathered will also be summarized and
submitted, along with acknowledgement of those who contributed, to
LINGUIST in the form of a Summary.

You are a potential subject eligible for this study if you satisfy ALL
of the following conditions:

(1) You are a native speaker of English or Korean or Japanese.
(2) You are currently living in the USA.
(3) You are a linguistics graduate student or researcher.
(4) You are NOT a semanticist or syntactician.

In case you are interested in participating, please respond to me
(khsclara at umich.edu) so that I can send you the details of this
project.

Thank you very much.

(PS. I am not telling you in this message what research I have
done. This is in order NOT to bias potential particiapnts of the
survey. I would appreciate your generous understanding on this
matter.)

Best wishes,

Kim, Hee-Soo
PhD Candidate in Linguistics