21.2463, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; NLP: Language Engineer, InQuira

Thu Jun 3 20:51:25 UTC 2010

LINGUIST List: Vol-21-2463. Thu Jun 03 2010. ISSN: 1068 - 4875.

Subject: 21.2463, Jobs: Computational Linguistics; NLP: Language Engineer, InQuira

Eric Raimy, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 02-Jun-2010
From: Monica Davis < monicadavis at inquira.com >
Subject: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing: Language Engineer, InQuira, California, USA

Date: Thu, 03 Jun 2010 16:41:12
From: Monica Davis [monicadavis at inquira.com]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=21-2463.html&submissionid=2636634&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: InQuira
Department: Professional Services
Job Location: California, USA
Web Address: http://inquira.com

Job Rank: Language Engineer

Specialty Areas: Computational Linguistics; Natural Language Processing

Required Language(s): English (eng)

As a Language Engineer/Business Analyst in InQuira's Professional Services
group, you will help design and implement business solutions for our
customers. You will work directly with our customers and integration
partners to understand their specific business requirements, and you will
actively participate in defining optimum business solutions using our
intelligent search and navigation products. You will define, implement and
test the associated grammars, lexicon, and other linguistic knowledge
bases. You will work directly with our technical consultants to help ensure
that the application is properly accessing and retrieving the correct
answers to questions. You may additionally be called upon to test and/or
devise testing environments for linguistic tools that are being developed.

Required Experience:
-  Bachelor's degree with a major in Applied Math, Computer Science, or
Linguistics
-  Advanced degree (M.S., M.A.) a plus
-  Demonstrable programming experience (Java, Perl or C++ preferred), in
areas such as data manipulation, search algorithms, or regular expressions
-  Experience working with Natural Language Processing and/or Rule-Based
Systems a plus
-  Must have extremely strong analytical skills
-  Fluent knowledge of the English language and excellent knowledge of
English grammar
-  Fluency in at least one non-English language, a plus
-  Familiarity with Unicode and double-byte languages a plus
-  Must have consultative skills, including presentation skills, and the
ability to interview clients and actively participate in discussions
-  Ability to work on multiple projects at any given time
-  Must be willing to travel

Email Address for Applications: monicadavis at inquira.com
Contact Information:
	Monica Davis, Staffing