22.4289, Jobs: African Langauges; Focus on Sesotho: Lecturer, University of Cape

Sat Oct 29 22:51:04 UTC 2011

LINGUIST List: Vol-22-4289. Sat Oct 29 2011. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 22.4289, Jobs: African Langauges; Focus on Sesotho: Lecturer, University of Cape

Monica Macaulay, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Rajiv Rao, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Joseph Salmons, U of Wisconsin-Madison
Anja Wanner, U of Wisconsin-Madison

Date: 28-Oct-2011
From: Edith Graham [edith.graham at uct.ac.za]
Subject: African Langauges; Focus on Sesotho: Lecturer, University of Cape, South Africa

Date: Sat, 29 Oct 2011 18:49:21
From: Edith Graham [edith.graham at uct.ac.za]

E-mail this message to a friend:
http://linguistlist.org/issues/emailmessage/verification.cfm?iss=22-4289.html&submissionid=4535067&topicid=7&msgnumber=1

University or Organization: University of Cape
Department: Faculty of Humanities
Job Location: Cape Town, South Africa
Web Address: http://www.humanities.uct.ac.za
Job Rank: Lecturer

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; African Languages

Required Language(s): Sotho, Southern (sot)
                      Niger-Congo

Lecturer - Sesotho Language
3-Year Contract (Part-Time)

African Languages and Literatures Section
School of Languages and Literatures
Faculty of Humanities

The African Languages and Literatures Section of the School of Languages
and Literatures invite applications for the above 3-year part-time (up to 20
hours per week) contract post, for appointment as soon as possible.

Requirements are:
-  at least a Master's degree in the field of African Languages with a focus on
Sesotho
-  experience in teaching Sesotho to non-Sesotho speakers at tertiary level
-  proficiency in the use of computers (word processing, email and internet)
-  proficiency in English
-  experience with using technology in teaching of language would be an
advantage

Responsibilities include:
-  teaching of Sesotho to non-Sesotho speakers at beginners' level (senior
levels may be introduced at a later stage)
-  review of the curriculum in current Sesotho courses, development of
appropriate course materials for teaching Sesotho (including the utilisation of
the language laboratory)
-  contribution to the administration of the Sesotho courses offered by the
Section at beginners' level

The annual remuneration package, including benefits for 2011, is negotiable
between R150 643 - R201 652. Please note: The annual remuneration
package, including benefits for 2012 is currently under review.

Application requirements:

To apply please email the completed UCT Application form (use application
URL below) and all other relevant documentation as indicated on the form, to
Ms Edith Graham at the application address below.

An application which does not comply with the above requirements will be
regarded as incomplete.

Reference number for this post: 	SR213/11

UCT is committed to the pursuit of excellence, diversity and redress. Our
Employment Equity Policy is available at http://hr.uct.ac.za/policies/ee.php.

Application Deadline: 30-Nov-2011
Mailing Address for Applications:
	Ms Edith Graham