30.4519, Jobs: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Nov 29 23:10:07 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-4519. Fri Nov 29 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.4519, Jobs: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Becca Morris <becca at linguistlist.org>

Date: Fri, 29 Nov 2019 18:09:47
From: Tim Grant [t.d.grant at aston.ac.uk]
Subject: Forensic Linguistics: Post Doc, Aston University, Birmingham, UK

University or Organization: Aston University
Department: Institute for Forensic Linguistics
Job Location: Birmingham, United Kingdom
Web Address: https://tinyurl.com/tu4kt42
Job Title: Postdoctoral Researchers in Forensic Linguistics (2 posts)
Job Rank: Post Doc

Specialty Areas: Forensic Linguistics

Postdoctoral Researchers in Forensic Linguistics (2 posts)
Aston Institute for Forensic Linguistics
Location: Birmingham
Salary: £33,797 to £49,553
Grade: 8 to 9
Contract Type: Fixed Term for 3 years (appointments to finish end of December
2022)
Basis: Full-time
Closing Date: 23.59 hours GMT on Sunday 15 December 2019
Interview Date: To be confirmed
Reference: R190521

As part of a £6M transformation of the Centre for Forensic Linguistics at
Aston University, into a Research Institute we are recruiting researchers in
linguistics with an interest in applying their language analysis skills across
a breadth of forensic texts and contexts.

We are looking to appoint linguistic researchers with or without forensic
linguistic experience but with excellent language analysis skills, who can
make a significant contribution to projects on written legal texts.

In addition to working on Institute projects researchers will be given 0.4 FTE
to develop and deliver their own research project within the first two years
of the post.  Appointment will be in part on the basis of your project
proposal and we are particularly interested in receiving proposals examining
legal drafting and plain language issues and the interpretation of legal texts
using linguistic methods.

All posts require a doctorate in a relevant discipline.

Please contact Professor Tim Grant at the contact information below with any
queries about the roles.

Please visit our website at the application link provided below for further
information and to apply online.

Aston University is committed to disability equality and is a Positive about
Disabled People Symbol User.

Application Deadline: 15-Dec-2019

Web Address for Applications: https://jobs.aston.ac.uk/Vacancy.aspx?ref=R190521
Contact Information: