30.3483, Calls: Syntax/Nepal

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Mon Sep 16 22:54:18 UTC 2019

LINGUIST List: Vol-30-3483. Mon Sep 16 2019. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 30.3483, Calls: Syntax/Nepal

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Mon, 16 Sep 2019 18:53:43
From: Bhim Lal Gautam [gautambhim at rocketmail.com]
Subject: 36th South Asian Languages Roundtable Analysis Conference

Full Title: 36th South Asian Languages Roundtable Analysis Conference
Short Title: SALA 36

Date: 08-Jul-2020 - 10-Jul-2020
Location: Central Department of Linguistics,TU, Nepal
Contact Person: Bhim Lal Gautam
Meeting Email: gautambhim at rocketmail.com
Web Site: https://cdltu.edu.np/

Linguistic Field(s): Syntax

Call Deadline: 15-Jan-2020

Meeting Description:

SALA 36 is going to be organized in Nepal for the first time outside India
among the south Asian countries.The Central Department of Linguistics,
Tribhuvan University is the main organizer of this conference.

Call for Papers:

Submissions (Talks and Posters):
The main conference sessions will involve 30-minute talks (20 min. + 10 min.
discussion), and poster presentations. Contributions can focus on results from
completed as well as ongoing research. Presentations should describe original,
unpublished work.

Submission Specifications:

We invite abstracts for individual presentations, posters as well as workshop
proposals. We welcome submissions concerning research on South Asian languages
pertaining to one or more of the following topics, but not limited to:

Phonetics and Phonology
Morphology and Syntax
Semantics and Pragmatics
Comparative and typological studies
Cognitive and psycholinguistic studies
Language contact
Historical linguistics and language change
Translation studies
Computational linguistics
Corpus and quantitative linguistic studies
Language endangerment, preservation and documentation
Language learning, acquisition, and teaching
Language policies and planning

All abstracts should be submitted in word and PDF format not exceeding 500
words. Abstracts should be no more than one page of text, with an additional
page for figures, examples, and references. The abstract should be in 12 pt.
with 2 inches’ margin on all 4 sides and include a title.

Abstracts should be submitted  through easy chair i.e.
https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=sala36.

If you have any problem you can contact to:
Dubi Nanda Dhakal (dndhakal at gmail.com)
Bhim Lal Gautam (gautambhim at rocketmail.com)