31.1307, FYI: Update - FEL conference moved ONLINE

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Fri Apr 10 00:02:49 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-1307. Thu Apr 09 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.1307, FYI:  Update - FEL conference moved ONLINE

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Editor for this issue: Sarah Robinson <srobinson at linguistlist.org>

Date: Thu, 09 Apr 2020 20:02:40
From: Riitta Valijarvi [r.valijarvi at ucl.ac.uk]
Subject: Update - FEL conference moved ONLINE

Foundation for Endangered Languages Annual Conference

23-25 September 2020, hosted online by University College London (UCL), UK

UPDATE: Due to the global coronavirus situation, this year’s FEL conference
will take place virtually via Microsoft Teams. We aim to cater for three
different time-zone clusters: 1) the Americas, 2) Africa, Europe, and the
Middle East, and 3) Asia and the Pacific. Thus, participants should be able to
present and attend talks at a convenient time regardless of their location.
Information about the conferencing tool, registration and other practicalities
will be added to the conference website in due course. We will not be charging
a conference fee but encourage participants to make a donation to FEL instead.
More info to follow.

Abstract submission deadline 11 May 2020, see https://easychair.org/cfp/FEL24

Linguistic Field(s): Not Applicable