31.611, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy Editor, Copernicus GmbH

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Wed Feb 12 06:35:34 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-611. Wed Feb 12 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.611, Jobs: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy Editor, Copernicus GmbH

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Wed, 12 Feb 2020 01:34:35
From: Meredith Gunnells [jobs at copernicus.org]
Subject: English; Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax: Copy Editor, Copernicus GmbH, Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany

University or Organization: Copernicus GmbH
Department: Copy-Editing
Job Location: Göttingen, Lower Saxony, Germany
Web Address: https://www.copernicus.org/career/copy-editing.html
Job Title: English speaker for language copy-editing
Job Rank: copy editor; Other

Specialty Areas: Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Syntax

Required Language(s): English (eng)

We are currently recruiting permanent part-time (30–35 hours/week) and
full-time (40 hours/week) staff members for the position of:

English speaker for language copy-editing

Copernicus Publications is your chance to work with well-established
international journals with a focus on geosciences. All journals are open
access: they are available at no cost to the readers, and the costs are
instead borne by the authors. Copernicus provides an excellent publishing
service for these authors.

Your tasks:

- applying Copernicus’ policy of Lite Copy-Editing to our manuscripts:
spelling, grammar, articles/prepositions, punctuation, and word-choice
corrections;
- supporting authors from around the world by improving their manuscripts,
thereby achieving higher credibility in the scientific community.

Your profile:

- You speak and write English at a native-speaker level and have a passion for
language. Knowledge of German and/or other languages is a plus.
- You have a university degree in linguistics or the natural sciences.
- You have some work experience and are familiar with academic texts.
- You have a keen eye for detail and an excellent command of English
mechanics, punctuation, and grammar.
- You are motivated and possess good organizational and time-management
skills.
- You are open-minded to learning new technologies.

We offer:

- a friendly working environment with 56 open-minded colleagues (position
requires relocating to Germany);
- a challenging and rewarding job with opportunities to contribute your unique
talents;
- a secure working position with performance-related allowances, substantial
social benefits, and a family-friendly policy.

Your application:

Your application should include a cover letter in English, your CV, relevant
certificates, and your asking salary. Please send your application to Meredith
Gunnells at the application email below. We are looking forward to meeting
you.

Email Address for Applications: jobs at copernicus.org
Contact Information:
	Meredith Gunnells