31.3102, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Poland

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Tue Oct 13 14:01:36 UTC 2020

LINGUIST List: Vol-31-3102. Tue Oct 13 2020. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 31.3102, Calls: Phonetics, Phonology/Poland

Student Moderator: Jeremy Coburn
Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Tue, 13 Oct 2020 10:01:09
From: Marek Radomski [apaplublin2021 at gmail.com]
Subject: Approaches to Phonology and Phonetics 2021

Full Title: Approaches to Phonology and Phonetics 2021
Short Title: APAP 2021

Date: 25-Jun-2021 - 27-Jun-2021
Location: Lublin, Poland
Contact Person: Marek Radomski
Meeting Email: apaplublin2021 at gmail.com
Web Site: http://apap.umcs.lublin.pl/

Linguistic Field(s): Phonetics; Phonology

Subject Language(s): English (eng)

Call Deadline: 31-Mar-2021

Meeting Description:

It is our pleasure to announce the 5th International Conference “Approaches to
Phonology and Phonetics” (APAP) to be he held in Lublin (June 25-27, 2021).
APAP is a biennial event organized by two Polish universities: Maria
Curie-Skłodowska University (UMCS) and John Paul II Catholic University (KUL)
which intends to provide a forum for sharing theoretical, empirical and
pedagogical findings on all aspects of phonetics and phonology, with
particular attention paid to how the two domains of research relate to each
other. This year’s conference leading theme is:

“Phonetics and phonology. Together or apart?”

We invite proposals for papers and special sessions concerning the main theme
as well as other phonetic and phonological issues. A special section is going
to be dedicated to “Researching and teaching second language pronunciation.”

Keynote speakers:
 - Haike Jacobs (Radboud University, Nijmegen)
 - Tobias Scheer (University of Nice)
 - Geoffrey Schwartz (Adam Mickiewicz University, Poznań)

Call for Papers:

We invite proposals for papers and special sessions concerning the main theme
as well as other phonetic and phonological issues. A special section is going
to be dedicated to “Researching and teaching second language pronunciation.”

We hope that APAP 2021 will take place in the traditional form. Should the
COVID-19 pandemic interfere with this plan, an online version of APAP will be
arranged (with no fees).

The deadline for abstract submission is March 31, 2021.

The conference fee for Polish participants is 400 PLN and for foreign guests
100 euros.

Abstracts should be emailed to apaplublin2021 at gmail.com

Organizing Committee:
prof. Jolanta Szpyra-Kozłowska