32.4055, Calls: Spanish; Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/USA

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Dec 30 05:08:53 UTC 2021

LINGUIST List: Vol-32-4055. Thu Dec 30 2021. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 32.4055, Calls: Spanish; Applied Linguistics, General Linguistics, Sociolinguistics, Text/Corpus Linguistics/USA

Managing Editor: Becca Morris

Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2021 00:08:28
From: Alvaro Gonzalez Alba [agonz473 at ucr.edu]
Subject: California Spanish Conference

Full Title: California Spanish Conference
Short Title: CASPCO 2022

Date: 28-Apr-2022 - 30-Apr-2022
Location: University of California, Riverside, USA
Contact Person: Alvaro Gonzalez Alba
Meeting Email: agonz473 at ucr.edu
Web Site: https://californiaspanishconference.wordpress.com/

Linguistic Field(s): Applied Linguistics; General Linguistics; Sociolinguistics; Text/Corpus Linguistics

Subject Language(s): Spanish (spa)

Call Deadline: 15-Feb-2022

Meeting Description:

Welcome to the California Spanish Conference

We are glad to announce the I California Spanish Conference that will take
place at the University of California, Riverside (UCR) from April 28-30, 2022.
This conference focuses on several topics related to Spanish language and
Spanish speaking communities in California, such as language attitudes and
ideologies, heritage education, historical sociolinguistics, etc.

The goal is to gather in person as long as the state rules allow for this. We
will be hosting individual and collective sessions, roundtable as well as
undergraduate poster sessions. This conference lies under the scope of the
California Spanish Working Group in which academics from different
institutions in California and Mexico collaborate.

Call for Papers:

Please check our website for the full call for papers.
Abstract Submission Deadline: February 15.
Notifications of acceptance: March 5.
Submission link: https://easychair.org/conferences/?conf=caspco2022