33.3418, FYI: Conversation Analysis as a Change Agent in Language Teacher Education

The LINGUIST List linguist at listserv.linguistlist.org
Thu Nov 3 08:05:38 UTC 2022

LINGUIST List: Vol-33-3418. Thu Nov 03 2022. ISSN: 1069 - 4875.

Subject: 33.3418, FYI: Conversation Analysis as a Change Agent in Language Teacher Education

Moderators:

Date: Thu, 03 Nov 2022 08:04:34
From: Olcay Sert [olcay.sert at mdu.se]

Dear Colleagues:

We are soliciting manuscripts for an edited volume on conversation analysis as
a change agent in language teacher education. Over the last decade,
conversation analytic (CA) findings from classroom discourse studies have
started feeding into language teacher education contexts, yielding a number of
CA-based teacher training frameworks such as SETT (Walsh 2013), IMDAT (Sert,
2019) and FAB (Waring & Creider, 2021). We have now reached a tipping point of
grappling with or groping for the material impact of CA in the actual language
classrooms around the world. In particular, we are interested in studies that
document practice-based changes (e.g., change in teacher practices in the
classroom and in reflective practices) in which CA plays a role. We realize
that such CA-informed “interventions” can come in many shapes and forms and
welcome a multitude of endeavors and innovations.

Should you be interested in participating in such a project, please send us a
300-word abstract by December 5, 2022 that describes (1) the context of the
study, (2) the specific role CA plays as a change agent, and (3) the types of
changes (to be) documented. Decisions for possible inclusion in the volume
will be sent out by December 15, 2022, with submissions of first drafts due by
July 1, 2023.

Please use this link to submit your abstract:
https://forms.gle/nyKgsxJSqQDrzRo26

Many thanks for your consideration. We look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Olcay Sert and Hansun Waring

                     Discourse Analysis

Subject Language(s): English (eng)