Q: Human Language Groups (+R:)

Pierre Zweigenbaum pz at biomath.jussieu.fr
Mon Apr 12 15:48:34 UTC 1999

Date: Fri, 02 Apr 1999 21:56:37 +0200
From: Jeff ALLEN <jeff at elda.fr>

This request was just posted on another list. I am forwarding it to several
pertinent lists.

Please reply directly to the requester Harold  VADNEY at
<bmtconsult at ATT.NET>

Thanks,

Jeff

Date: Thu, 1 Apr 1999 11:56:51 -0500
From: "HAROLD W. VADNEY" <bmtconsult at ATT.NET>
Subject: HELP: Human Language Groups

Dear Collegues:
Can anyone provide a website URL that will give information on conventional
grouping systems for human languages. Actually, I am looking for a source
that will help to classify languages by complexity and by linguistic group.
Any help will be much appreciated!
Harold

Jeff ALLEN - Directeur Technique
European Language Resources Association (ELRA)  &
European Language resources Distribution Agency (ELDA)
(Agence Européenne de Distribution des Ressources Linguistiques)
55, rue Brillat-Savarin
75013   Paris   FRANCE
Tel: (+33) 1.43.13.33.33 - Fax: (+33) 1.43.13.33.30
mailto:jeff at elda.fr
http://www.icp.grenet.fr/ELRA/home.html

From: pz at biomath.jussieu.fr (Pierre Zweigenbaum)

The Ethnologue Language Family Index at SIL provides a tree of
language families:

    http://www.sil.org/ethnologue/families/

			Pierre Zweigenbaum.

  Pierre Zweigenbaum    |  Téléphone : +33 (0)1 45 83 67 28
   DIAM - SIM/AP-HP     |  Télécopie : +33 (0)1 45 86 80 68 / 1 45 86 56 85
  91, bd de l'Hôpital   |  Courriel  : pz at biomath.jussieu.fr
 F-75634 Paris Cedex 13 |  Toile     : http://www.biomath.jussieu.fr/~pz/
        FRANCE          |  Bureau    : 119 c