LL-L: "Administrativa" [E] LOWLANDS-L, 11.AUG.1999 (08)

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 12 00:26:46 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 11.AUG.1999 (08) * ISSN 1089-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: R. F. Hahn [sassisch at yahoo.com]
Subject: Administrativa

Dear Lowlanders,

If all goes according to plan, Sandy Fleming (<sandy at fleimin.demon.co.uk>) will
be taking over at the wheel of MS Lowlands beginning tomorrow, with Roger Thijs
(<Roger.Thijs at village.uunet.be>) close behind him.  This is because I will be
taking "vacations" (or "holidays," as we call it in other parts) between this
coming Monday and Tuesday, September 7.  (Actually, I'm moving house; so it
isn't all fun and relaxation ...)  Sandy will be taking over the entire time or
until Ted Harding returns and wants to take over, if he wishes to (since he is
officially the second in command), or until Sandy gets tired of it and hands the
wheel to Roger.

Even though things will be new to Sandy and Roger, I am sure our proud ship will
be sailing smoothly with them at the steering wheel, with other volunteers and
myself in the background.  (They *have* observed the "master" after all ... :>)
Of course I want you all to be on your best behavior.  (I'll be watching you
from the sidelines; so you'd better not get any funny ideas.)   If you want to
be extra kind to Sandy, you might want to introduce your posting submissions to
him with notes in which you explain what languages you are writing in and what
the topic is.  This would save Sandy a lot of trouble.

Sandy might not be sending out issues everyday.  So please don't start sending
him irate messages if you don't hear anything for a day or two.

I thank Sandy and Roger for volunteering and for having been such supportive
LL-L members for so long.  I also thank all of your for your cooperation,
forbearing and support.

Best regards and wishes,