LL-L: "Resources" LOWLANDS-L, 02.DEC.1999 (04) [D/E]

Lowlands-L Administrator sassisch at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 3 00:10:32 UTC 1999

 L O W L A N D S - L * 02.DEC.1999 (04) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.geocities.com/~sassisch/rhahn//lowlands/>

From: Roger P. G. Thijs [roger.thijs at village.uunet.be]
Subject:  resources

I found these two messages in some newsgroups.
Regards,
Roger

1. Found in the "nl.taal" list: site in West Flemish

Van het Nederlands wordt wel eens gezegd dat het geen taal
is maar een keelziekte. Wat West-Vlaams is moet je maar
proberen te achterhalen op het WWWW (World Wide Westvlams
Web), de webhalte van het AksjuhCommiethee tur Bevordring
van 't West Vlams.
            http://members.tripod.com/westvlams

2. Found in the "soc.culture.belgium" list: Dutch language sattellite
programs

c.c.: Radio Nederland Wereldomroep:
           - bvn at rnw.nl
           - http://www.rnw.nl/tv/html/namerica.html
        soc.culture.netherlands
        soc.culture.belgium
        soc.culture.canada
        nl.media.satelliet
        fido.belg.satellite

To: http://www.kbs-tv.com/dev/bvn.html

I wrote your company about a month ago,
but I never received an answer to my question.

U.S. dishes are illegal in Canada. We can buy
them, but we can not install them. Your company
seems to claim to be able to provide services
in Canada as well as in the U.S. I would like to
know through which company, because all TV
signal providers I wrote in Canada don't offer
BVN-TV in their channel lineup.

Can you please explain to me and to the other
Dutch/Flemish residents in Canada who browse
through the newsgroups, how we will be able to
legally watch BVN-TV?

Once again, there are over 500.000 Dutch and
probably around 200.000 Flemish residents in
Canada. Quite a large potential market I think.

Thanks in advance for your reply.

Marco van het Hoog. Montreal.