LL-L: "Literature" LOWLANDS-L, 28.AUG.2000 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Mon Aug 28 17:27:51 UTC 2000

  L O W L A N D S - L * 28.AUG.2000 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Sandy Fleming [sandy at scotstext.org]
Subject: "Literature"

> From: Colin Wilson [lcwilson at iee.org]
> Subject: LL-L: "Literature" LOWLANDS-L, 26.AUG.2000 (04) [E/S]
>
> Sandy doesn't say, but I take it that the books he mentions are
> long since out of print?
>
> It would be great if new printed editions could be available
> for those who don't have access to the Web. (Especially if the
> apostrophes could be cleaned out.)

The books are out of print, and I'm hoping to get both "Betty's
Trip tae Edinbury" and "James Inwick" up on ScotsteXt by the end
of the year, with apostrophes cleaned out and much more! As it
happens I'm obliged to get a book of sermons input before I start
on these, as the book of sermons is on loan from the SLRC and will
have to be returned.

For an idea of how these texts will look after "cleaning out", you
can have a look at the sermons currently being input on Scotstext
(click on "Previews" on the homepage). Remember that these are drafts
at the moment, and if there's anything you think is objectionable
about the spelling/grammar (or anything) you can always let me know.
Note, however, that they do contain some of the original author's
idiosyncracies - this is literature and I've no intention of wiping
out all colour and feeling from it!

As for dead tree editions, I've been having some thoughts in that
direction, but being up to my ears in this stuff I haven't got time
to solicit publishers at the moment - making these text freely
available to all is my primary concern. However, if you happen to
know a publisher looking for an editor/collector for reprints or
anthologies, tell them I'll do it!! The text would still be going
up on ScotsteXt however, even if there were a paper edition.

> From: Andy Eagle [Andy.Eagle at t-online.de]
> Subject: LL-L: "Literature" LOWLANDS-L, 26.AUG.2000 (04) [E/S]
>
> Sandy wrote
> > Subject: "Literature"
>
> Are ye gaun tae pit a bibliography o aa thir beuks thegither?
> A canna think on onie leet o siclike beuks wruttin in, or maistlie
in,
> Scots.

Wilco!

Sandy