LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.04.16 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Tue Apr 16 14:21:39 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 16.APR.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Elsie Zinsser" <ezinsser at simpross.co.za>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.04.15 (05) [E]

Hi there

[From: Eldo Neufeld <greneuf at interchange.ubc.ca>
Subject: Multiple messages

I have begun receiving LL-L messages in more than one copy again: many
times twice, and occasionally up to 4.  Does anyone elseexperience
this?]

[From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>
Subject: Administrativa

.....why this keeps happening to you (and others?).]

I had experienced this once during Sandy's short take-over period.
There are also times when I'm aware of email-server problems at my end
and then, presumably, L-L emails are automatically resent when they
bounce back as undeliverable.

Elsie Zinsser

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <sassisch at yahoo.com>

Elsie's remarks remind me that I get bunches of delivery failure
messages, virtually everyday, so many that I cannot keep track of them.
Oftentimes they are generated because subscribers' account servers are
down temporarily or because their mail boxes are filled above quota.  In
such cases the Listserver keeps trying in certain intervals and after
something like four days gives up and unsubscribes the person.  Perhaps
this causes multiple deliveries in some cases when that person's server
is back up or when they have done something about their overflowing mail
box.