LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.08.29 (06) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Thu Aug 29 23:03:24 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 29.AUG.2002 (06) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net> Email: admin at lowlands-l.net

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativa

Folks,

Among other things, I wrote (complained) today about certain
subscribers:

> Some of them do not ever read the front and end matter
> that appear with every issue.  I know so because they do
> everything but follow the rules when they want to sign off,
> and what they do instead includes sending me nasty notes.
> Typically, despite specific requests not to do so, they just
> block the Lowlands-L server's address if their accounts allow
> it.  This results in a flood of error messages at my end.  I
> am afraid and disappointed to say that a very long-standing
> subscriber just did the same ...

Believe it or not, today, after I sent this message, six new
("in-and-out") subscribers and one of longer standing did this very
thing.  Instead of signing off as requested, they blocked messages from
our list server from arriving at their accounts.  If I were in a
somewhat more positive frame of mind I would cling to the belief that it
was coincidental, but ...

I guess one of the lessons this "job" comes with is that not everyone
out there is nice.  The challenging part is not to let this sort of rude
behavior drag one down and wittle way one's sense of compassion.  It
certainly helps to know that there are plenty of really nice people on
this list.  Fortunately I am reminded of this pretty much every day.

Best regards,