LL-L "Literature" 2002.08.30 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Fri Aug 30 14:55:43 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 30.AUG.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net> Email: admin at lowlands-l.net

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2002.08.28 (08) [E]

I wrote:

> As far as I know, the person of "Till Eulenspiegel" is historical proved
> (there even exists a monument in the town of Ratzeburg, not far from
> Hamburg, and I remember he shall have been in Plön, not far from there,
> too)
> in Germany.

Sorry, bad investigation of mine- that's wrong! There is a museum about
him in the town of Mölln (very close to Ratzeburg and not far from
Plön), where he is supposed  to have died in the year of 1350.

Beg You pardon.

Regards

Fiete.

-----------

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: LL-L "Literature" 2002.08.29 (02) [E]

Gabriele Kahn wrote:

> this book [Till Ulenspeegel and Lamme Goedzack] was written in the 19th
century, originally in French, by the
> Belgian author Charles de Coster. A bound edition can be ordered for
> 22,90
> Euros at www.buechergilde.de; it is not currentla available at
> amazon.de,
> but they indicate that a paperback version exists which would cost
> around 5
> Euros. Since it counts as a classic, chances are your local library
> might
> either have it or be able to obtain it for you.

Thanks, Gabriele and others,

 I did not think it to be a classic.

Regards

Fiete.