LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.08.30 (05) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Fri Aug 30 15:39:39 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 30.AUG.2002 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net> Email: admin at lowlands-l.net

From: "Friedrich-Wilhelm Neumann" <Friedrich-Wilhelm.Neumann at epost.de>
Subject: LL-L "Administrativa" 2002.08.29 (06) [E]

Moin, Reinhard,

trekk' Di disse Schauh ne an- mi dücht, door sünn de Weinigsten von
schobernacksch.

Toeerst is dat ook gonne sau einfach, tau begriepen, woans dat bii LL-L
langgeiht. Ick kann mi entsinnen, as ick tau 'n allereersten Mool
schreev,
wöör ick bannig unseeker, watt datt tau 'n Themen höörn däei. Dorümm
heff
ick tau ook an Diin persönl. Adress schreeven, üm tau verhinnern, datt
door
watt ohn' Prüfung anne verkeihrte Steel kööm.

Dennen Server mutt 'n ook eirstmool begriepen. Vondoog weit ick, watt Du
disse Arbeid gonne schaffen kunnst ohne em. Ick weit nu' ook, watt 'n
dennen
Server blokkeern kann, wenn 'n sick ne anne Regeln hault. Dat oobers
weit
*de* Lüü, de hier man Stücker twei Doog biwöörn, ne un' mookt jemme
Fellers.

Ick kenn Dien System ne nauch, üm Di 'n Rood tau geeben; viellich'
kunnst Du
joo sau'n Oort von Proov-Tiid inbauen, no däei sick de wohrhaftig
interesseerten Lüü neu anmellen mööt? Denn schall sick woll all 'n
mennich
Bült Kaff von 'n Koorn trennen. Schood is 't sachs, wenn Du vöör luuder
administrativen Schiet ne meihr recht tau 'n Kommteern, verkloorn un
Klamüsern von neue Ideen koomst.

Vöör 'n poor Doog kreig ick 'n mail von Edward Spronston in "Lowlands
Languages & Cultures" ass Kommtoor föörn LL-L- Biidrag. De hett mi all
schreeven, bevör Du datt bi LL-L affsett haarst. Is datt noch 'n anner
Projekt von Di?

Haul Dii fuchtig un loot Dii nich taun Narrn haulen!

Beste Greutens in 't Huus

Fiete.

----------

From: R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Administrativa

Velen Dank för Dien gegööschenen Wöör un Dien Vörslääg', Fiete.

This sort of behavior really has nothing to do with our system.  Yes,
occasionally it happens that a new subscriber or an ongoing subscriber
who switched to new email software unwittingly have LL-L messages
blocked because their account recognizes these mailings as "biulk" or
"spam" (unwanted mass mailings) and automatically puts them into a
special "garbage" directory.  Where this happened, the owner exempted
the LL-L address, and the problem was solved.  However, it is a
different matter when someone who has been receiving LL-L mailing for
days, weeks, months or even years suddenly blocks them.  No matter which
way you turn it, it qualifies as a hostile act, at the very least as a
rude and antisocial act, aside from the inconvenience it causes.  ("Oh,
there comes Fiete up the garden path to our usual poker meeting. Quick!
Lock the door!")  The decent thing to do is to check the rules or the
LL-L footer and to follow the sign-off directions or, if that fails, to
write to the administrator and have him give you directions or sign you
off.  Some extra nice people use the automatic sign-off function *and*
feel obligated to send me a notification (which is unnecessary but, as I
said, extra nice).

You may be entertained to know that five more people did the very (rude)
thing after my last administrative mailing last night ...  I guess I
gave them the idea, and they really don't care about others as long as
it's easy for them.  Many people think of the Internet as a place in
which the usual interhuman rules of behavior do not apply, considering
themselves safe to do whatever they wish in their supposed anonymity,
and maybe they do not even think of us as real people.

We have tried a system with a trial period, reminders, etc., but it
turned out to be too much work on the administrator's part.

In the meantime we have been joined by folks from these places:

Swaziland:
   ? [1]
United Kingdom:
   England: