LL-L "Resources" 2002.02.02 (02) [D/E/LS]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Sat Feb 2 19:46:30 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 02.FEB.2002 (02) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: "Roger Thijs" <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2002.01.25 (04) [E]

> From: "Roger Thijs" <roger.thijs at euro-support.be>
> Subject: LL-L "Resources" 2002.01.18 (05) [E]

> I replaced ... with sound records from the area West of the river
Rhine. I will remove these tracks after a few days.

I replaced them once more, for a few days, with 2 versions of a
traditional song

1.  http://www.euro-support.be/temp/foekepot.wma
Track 11 "De foekepot" (Boh Foi Toch) of 17 tracks
of CD "Achterhook Butengewoon Nederland" Nov. 1993 ABN-001
Stemra; 3:09 min 1.5 Mb

A northern version, clearly in Achterhoek dialect

A few lines:

Baas, i-j mot naor huus hen goan
ow wief dat is al krank

Is ze krank, o loat eur krank
De millesien steet op de beddeplank

En ik gao nog neet naor huus,
Nae, de baas geet neet naor huus
Want de baas spölt lever op de foekepot.

... etc

2. http://www.euro-support.be/temp/kliek.wma
Track 16 "Man gij moet naar huis" of 22 tracks
of CD "'t Kliekske, In 't staminee", Eufoda 1150
2:57 min 1.4 Mb

In a Southern colored Dutch
text as to "Chants populaires flamands", Lootens & Feys, 1879

The first lines:

Wel man gij moet naar uw huis toe gaan
uw vrouwe die is ziek
Wel man!
Is ze ziek? Laat ze ziek,
en daarmee ben ik uit het verdriet.
En ik en ga niet meer naar huis.

Dialect coloring:
the rather Brabantish "gij" (penetrated though deep into Flanders)
with the Flemish "e" suffix at "vrouwe"
and the Flemish double negation "en...niet"

I'm maintaining now a kind of revolving "sound" anthology, with regional
language variants, in a temporary directory for a few months. While
there are rules for making a "text" anthology with excerpts from
different sources, it's not clear how far one can go with composing
"sound" anthologies. Technically speaking for the moments I have not the
means for making excerpts shorter than a complete track of a CD.
I have absolutely no idea whether or not this all is usefull for some
members of the list. If you think this should continue, please leave a
brief message at roger.thijs at euro-support.be

Regards,

Roger