LL-L "Obituary" 2002.05.22 (01) [E]

Lowlands-L sassisch at yahoo.com
Wed May 22 14:17:25 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 22.MAY.2002 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226

From: Ted.Harding at nessie.mcc.ac.uk
Subject: LL-L [Hamish Henderson]"Obituary" 2002.05.21 (05) [E]

> From: "Nigel Smith" <RNigelSmith at hotmail.com>
> Subject: Hamish Henderson
>
> Members of the list with an interest in Scotland may
> be saddened to hear of the death in March of Hamish
> Henderson ...
> [...]
> A full obituary appeared in the _Guardian_ newspaper
> on 11 March 2002 and is available online at
> http://www.guardian.co.uk/obituaries/story/0,3604,665233,00.html

Indeed saddened. I knew Hamish as a delightful friend,
while I was in Edinburgh from 1966-69. But I did not
know the half of him, it seemed, or even some much
smaller fraction. Which, I suppose, was also typical
of him.

Saddened above all that there was so much I did not
know then, nor since, while he was alive.

If the day needs light, read that obituary.

Best wishes to all,
Ted.

Fax-to-email: +44 (0)870 167 1972
Date: 22-May-02                                       Time: 11:32:53