LL-L "Delectables" 2002.11.23 (03) [E]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sat Nov 23 05:44:22 UTC 2002

 L O W L A N D S - L * 23.NOV.2002 (03) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 Web Site: <http://www.lowlands-l.net>  Email: admin at lowlands-l.net
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: Pat Reynolds <pat at caerlas.demon.co.uk>
Subject: LL-L "Delectables" 2002.11.22 (05) [D/E]

Many thanks for the recipe Wim!

I will go and try it as soon as I've written this and sent another
overdue email.

I am particularly pleased to find out how to make speculaaskruiden as I
love the biscuits (which seem to be called by different names in
different parts of the world). Pimento is a surprise!

It was very timely, because I was just thinking about aspects of 'Dutch'
culture which I could map against my findings about the use of
muurankers - such as language, religion and so on, and was wondering if
anyone had charted where (outside the low countries) the Sinterklaas
traditions remained despite the dominant culture of Santa Claus.

Best wishes,

Pat