LL-L "Language contacts" 2003.01.05 (01) [E/Gaelic]

Lowlands-L admin at lowlands-l.net
Sun Jan 5 18:45:55 UTC 2003

 L O W L A N D S - L * 05.JAN.2003 (01) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
 http://www.lowlands-l.net  * admin at lowlands-l.net * Encoding: Unicode UTF-8
 Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org
               V=(West)Flemish Z=Zeelandic (Zeêuws)

From: ntl <shoogly at ntlworld.com>
Subject: LL-L "Language contacts" 2003.01.04 (04) [E/Cornish]

Tha mise gu math toilichte gum bheil daoine leis canain cheilteach eile air
an liste seo ;-). Se Gaidhlig albannach a tha agam fhein - agus bidh mi gu
math toiltiche ag radh comhla ruit mu dheinnidh rudeigin anns no mu
dheidhinn na canain cheilteach ;-)

Failte ort a'charaid!!!

Crisdean Mac Fhearghais

I am very pleased that their are other people who speak Celtic languages on
this list.  I myself speak Scottish Gaelic and I would be pleased to speak
to you about things in or about the celtic languages.

Welcome friend!!

Chris Ferguson

----------

From: ntl <shoogly at ntlworld.com>

sgriobhidh  mi thuagad  mu dheidhinn an suidheachacdh gaidhlig anns na
co-chomainn - agus tha uidh mhor agam anns an suidheachacdh cornach
cuideach. Tha mi a toir suil cuideachd air an suideacheachacdh breatannach
bhig anns an Fhraing.

I will write to you about the Gaelic situation in the communities - and I
have a great interest in the Cornish situation too.  I keep an eye also on
the Breton situation in France

Crisdean Mac Fhearghais / Chris Ferguson

R. F. Hahn <admin at lowlands-l.net>
Subject: Language contacts

A reminder of what I wrote yesterday

Information about Celtic (or any other language group) is welcome on
Lowlands-L if it is Lowlands-focused or at least indirectly helps us to
better understand Lowlands-related subjects (for instance linguistic
features, sociolinguistic phenomena or language policy issues by way of
comparison).  Information that does not meet these criteria ought to be
exchanged off the List.