LL-L "Etymology" 2003.07.22 (05) [E/LS]

Lowlands-L lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Tue Jul 22 19:49:11 UTC 2003

L O W L A N D S - L * 22.JUL.2003 (05) * ISSN 189-5582 * LCSN 96-4226
http://www.lowlands-l.net * lowlands-l at lowlands-l.net
Posting Address: lowlands-l at listserv.linguistlist.org

From: Friedrich W. Neumann <Fieteding at gmx.net>
Subject: LL-L "Etymology" 2003.07.22 (01) [E/LS/V]

Hi, Peter and others,

You wrote:
> Hello Fiete,
> Ik zoal deze discussie an tongval overlaten naar het "taal-meisters". Een
> woord definieren is zoals een snep vangen in haar vlucht.

Joo- dat schall woll sau ween.
As 'n Jägersmann weeit ick noch, uut frööher' n Tiiden, watt Du bii 'n
Bekassiien opp "Zick" scheeiten müsst', üm ehr opp "Zack" tau droopen!

Watt schreev W. Busch (in Hexameter):

"Leicht erwischt man den Vogel, durch List und schlaue Beschleichung-
wenn er es aber bemerkt, flieget er meistens davon!"

>...so keep on teaching me Fiete.
Hey- I don't want to teach You, but I would enjoy if You could learn
something from my postings.
Please, please try and go on posting in Seeltersk, or whatever it's called
in LS!

I have been living in Eastern Frisain (near Norden) for about one year, I
got common with their LS-dialect, and I did hear something about the
"Zaterland", but NEVER heard their tongues.

(BTW: Ick heff ook ne jümmers Lust, tweeisprookig tau schriiven, allens tau
översetten).Föör mii is dat heel stuur, un' anner Lüüd, de dat veel beeter
köönt as ick, mookt dat meist amend ne.)

Atschüss:

Fiete.

Not Lucifer I fear,
but those almighty gods.